Six things to contemplate and act on.
1. Prayer. It’s just common sense that you’re not likely to get something unless you ask for it. Jesus told his disciples to pray night and day and not to give up. He also told us to have the elders of the church pray for us.
Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15) And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.
1) Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2) He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3) And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, `Grant me justice against my adversary.’ 4) “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, `Even though I don’t fear God or care about men, 5) yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually wear me out with her coming!'” 6) And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7) And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
“Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20) For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”
2. Faith. While a great amount of faith is not required for God to heal, it certainly can’t hurt. Jesus was unable to do miracles in his hometown because of the lack of faith but he was still able to heal sick people! With faith Jesus tells us that “Nothing will be impossible for you”.
Mark 6: 1-6
1) Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples 2) When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. “Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles! 3) Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him. 4 ) Jesus said to them, “Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor.” 5) He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6) And he was amazed at their lack of faith. Then Jesus went around teaching from village to village.
when he said “I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, `Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
3. Love & Forgiveness. There is no question that God wants us to Love and Forgive each other. Love is God’s command. Love is healing.
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13) Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14) You are my friends if you do what I command.
Keep on loving each other as brothers. 2) Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter– when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? 8) Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5) It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6) Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7) It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
“I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, `Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24) Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25) And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.
A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.
Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
4. God’s Protection. There are forces of evil that you may need protection from. Ask God for protection.
11) Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13) Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
5. Good Medical Care. God works his miracles in many ways and through many people. Today’s medical community has a lot to offer and with God’s grace can save your life.
31) Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
6. A healthy diet. There are many references in the Bible about what we should and shouldn’t eat. Today’s “Mediterranean Diet” follows biblical references.
Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.”